Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for epidural
- ‘The placement of extradural intracranial pressure monitors is considered safer than subdural catheters.’
- ‘Extraarticular locations for tophus formation included myocardium, pericardium, aortic valves, and extradural spinal regions.’
- ‘Despite this, overall rates of survival among older patients with extradural haematoma or subdural haematoma were not insubstantial.’
- ‘Common sites of metastases include liver, bone, bone marrow, extradural space, orbits and skin.’
- ‘The ganglia of the fifth lumbar and first four sacral lie within the vertebral canal, but these are also extradural.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.