Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or operating outside the chromosome.‘extrachromosomal DNA’
- ‘Upon heat shock during larval development, FLP and I-SceI produce the extrachromosomal targeting molecule.’
- ‘Circular extrachromosomal Ac and Ds molecules have been described previously, although their origin and possible relation to the circular molecules discussed here is unclear.’
- ‘Although it is possible that these extra ND5-like sequences exist as extrachromosomal, episomal DNA, several lines of evidence suggest they are of nuclear origin.’
- ‘Crosses were done between transgenic plants carrying pShortDs and plants containing transposase to analyze the ends of extrachromosomal linear Ds elements.’
- ‘In this study, I investigated genetic requirements and DNA substrates for DSB repair in S. pombe using a new simple extrachromosomal DSB repair assay.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.