Situated or operating outside the chromosome.‘extrachromosomal DNA’
- ‘In this study, I investigated genetic requirements and DNA substrates for DSB repair in S. pombe using a new simple extrachromosomal DSB repair assay.’
- ‘Although it is possible that these extra ND5-like sequences exist as extrachromosomal, episomal DNA, several lines of evidence suggest they are of nuclear origin.’
- ‘Upon heat shock during larval development, FLP and I-SceI produce the extrachromosomal targeting molecule.’
- ‘Circular extrachromosomal Ac and Ds molecules have been described previously, although their origin and possible relation to the circular molecules discussed here is unclear.’
- ‘Crosses were done between transgenic plants carrying pShortDs and plants containing transposase to analyze the ends of extrachromosomal linear Ds elements.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.