One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a particularly fine grade of olive oil made from the first pressing of the olives and containing a maximum of one percent oleic acid.
- ‘Olive oil can only be classified as extra virgin if the acidity level is under 0.8 percent.’
- ‘For one, there aren't enough acceptable words to describe the difference between premium extra virgin olive oil and other extra virgin olive oils.’
- ‘Admittedly, you may not want to use superior extra virgin olive oils for all your cooking.’
- ‘Experiment with different gently heated oils like jojoba, peach kernel, extra virgin olive, sesame or sweet almond.’
- ‘Use walnut, flaxseed or extra virgin olive oils instead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.