One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A point awarded for a successful placekick following a touchdown.
- ‘But when I looked at the final standing, I thought with an extra point we could have finished sixth.’
- ‘She made good on the first extra point she tried.’
- ‘When you think about it, home runs are about as exciting as extra points in football.’
- ‘At Odsal, 34-0 up, only Saints would want to kick that extra point just to rub salt into the gaping wound they had just opened up.’
- ‘Western Illinois' first 14 possessions ended with a touchdown and an extra point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.