One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A point awarded for a successful placekick following a touchdown.
- ‘But when I looked at the final standing, I thought with an extra point we could have finished sixth.’
- ‘When you think about it, home runs are about as exciting as extra points in football.’
- ‘Western Illinois' first 14 possessions ended with a touchdown and an extra point.’
- ‘She made good on the first extra point she tried.’
- ‘At Odsal, 34-0 up, only Saints would want to kick that extra point just to rub salt into the gaping wound they had just opened up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.