One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The extirpation of beaver - a keystone species - in 1900 was especially devastating to the watershed.’
- ‘But if they will be hated and chastised no matter what they do, what holds them back from a truly ruthless extirpation of their enemy?’
- ‘These are the northern species the committee believes are facing imminent extirpation or extinction.’
- ‘Judicious criticism, therefore, has a great and much needed part to play with regard to the extirpation of bad music.’
- ‘What single social advance subtracted more from the sum of human misery than the extirpation of slavery in the nineteenth century?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.