Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to stimuli that are external to an organism.Compare with interoceptive
- ‘In addition, he assigned a primary role to positive reinforcement by avoidance - response-produced stimuli and/or by exteroceptive stimuli that are contingent on the avoidance response.’
- ‘The multitude of other mechanoreceptors act mainly as proprioceptors although some encode both proprioceptive and exteroceptive information.’
- ‘During those sessions in which a switch in reinforcer type occurred at the midpoint of the session, no exteroceptive stimulus accompanied the switch.’
- ‘Eventual dissipation of somatic dissociation or a diversion of attention to somatic or exteroceptive processes brings the individual's OBE to an end.’
- ‘The primate ventral prefrontal cortex contains two densely interconnected subregions: a lateral/orbital cortex processing primarily sensory/exteroceptive information, and a ventromedial cortex processing primarily visceroappetitive/interoceptive information.’
Early 20th century: probably a blend of exterior or external and receptive.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.