One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A temporary training program in a workplace, especially one offered to students as part of a course of study.‘students participate in an 8-week externship’‘I did my pastry externship at the River Café’
- ‘Wouldn't a law student be better off getting a job during their third year externing for a judge or in some other externship?’
- ‘After the end of their first year, students may participate in a summer research externship.’
- ‘Subsequently appointed to Beringer Vineyard's food and wine externship in Napa County, California, Danko soon took the helm as Executive Chef.’
- ‘Students participate in a mandatory fourth-year externship at Trident Medical Center.’
- ‘Now that I'm on my externship, I return to school each Tuesday for continuing instruction.’
- ‘The student's desire is to extract knowledge from the externship, thus gaining valuable experience.’
- ‘i found an externship i would kill for in DC.’
- ‘The faculty even discussed with a student the possibility of coordinating a clinical externship with thesis research.’
- ‘He recently began a five-week, paid externship through the state Leadership Initiatives for Teaching and Technology program for middle and high school science, technology, engineering, and math teachers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.