Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A temporary training program in a workplace, especially one offered to students as part of a course of study.‘students participate in an 8-week externship’‘I did my pastry externship at the River Café’
- ‘Subsequently appointed to Beringer Vineyard's food and wine externship in Napa County, California, Danko soon took the helm as Executive Chef.’
- ‘Wouldn't a law student be better off getting a job during their third year externing for a judge or in some other externship?’
- ‘i found an externship i would kill for in DC.’
- ‘After the end of their first year, students may participate in a summer research externship.’
- ‘He recently began a five-week, paid externship through the state Leadership Initiatives for Teaching and Technology program for middle and high school science, technology, engineering, and math teachers.’
- ‘The student's desire is to extract knowledge from the externship, thus gaining valuable experience.’
- ‘Now that I'm on my externship, I return to school each Tuesday for continuing instruction.’
- ‘The faculty even discussed with a student the possibility of coordinating a clinical externship with thesis research.’
- ‘Students participate in a mandatory fourth-year externship at Trident Medical Center.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.