One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A temporary training program in a workplace, especially one offered to students as part of a course of study.‘students participate in an 8-week externship’‘I did my pastry externship at the River Café’
- ‘The student's desire is to extract knowledge from the externship, thus gaining valuable experience.’
- ‘The faculty even discussed with a student the possibility of coordinating a clinical externship with thesis research.’
- ‘Students participate in a mandatory fourth-year externship at Trident Medical Center.’
- ‘Now that I'm on my externship, I return to school each Tuesday for continuing instruction.’
- ‘He recently began a five-week, paid externship through the state Leadership Initiatives for Teaching and Technology program for middle and high school science, technology, engineering, and math teachers.’
- ‘After the end of their first year, students may participate in a summer research externship.’
- ‘Subsequently appointed to Beringer Vineyard's food and wine externship in Napa County, California, Danko soon took the helm as Executive Chef.’
- ‘Wouldn't a law student be better off getting a job during their third year externing for a judge or in some other externship?’
- ‘i found an externship i would kill for in DC.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.