One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At the premiere Handel gave an organ extemporisation on the fugal subject taken up by the choir.’
- ‘When he was playing, the sound of his jazz masked the noise in his ear; when he was resting, the noise in his ear provided a convenient backing for mental extemporisation.’
- ‘Dickens, writing serially to the month as he did, clearly left much to his powers of extemporization.’
- ‘It could be a fine place to eat if the kitchen could curb its fondness for off-the-cuff extemporisation and submit itself to less glamorous, but more thorough culinary discipline.’
- ‘These tunes go back to the very heart of extemporisation; the very root of Jazz itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.