One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for light meter
- ‘You see, the exposure meter built in to your camera is trying to ‘average out’ the light levels that are coming through the lens.’
- ‘If the window is smaller or farther away, switch to a spot-metering exposure mode in which the camera's exposure meter reads only a tiny area in the center of the frame.’
- ‘Photocells are also useful as exposure meters for cameras in which case the current in the tube would be measured directly on a sensitive meter.’
- ‘If built-in exposure meters are as omniscient and sophisticated as camera manufacturers claim, why do people still get poorly exposed pictures?’
- ‘Adams couldn't find his exposure meter in his hurry to make the shot before the sun set behind him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.