One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The operation of raising one quantity to the power of another.
- ‘One of the main reasons for including an introduction to modular arithmetic is that the two most popular public key algorithms use modular exponentiation as their basic mathematical process.’
- ‘With ordinals you can do addition, multiplication and exponentiation - even infinitely often - but you can't do subtraction or division, as far as I know.’
- ‘Imposing time reversibility has the computational advantage that the matrix exponentiation can be carried out without much difficulty.’
- ‘Computing individual hexadecimal digits using that formula relies on a venerable technique known as the binary algorithm for exponentiation.’
- ‘I was particularly dismayed at Lewand's treatment of modular exponentiation, which is the central operation in many cryptosystems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.