A person who explores an unfamiliar area; an adventurer.‘a polar explorer’
traveller, discoverer, voyager, rambler, globetrotter, roverView synonyms
- ‘Travelling further than any explorers had done before, they paid the price when the ship became trapped in ice.’
- ‘It must be about as close as we can now get to the feeling of discovery experienced by those who really were the intrepid explorers of the past.’
- ‘The early European navigators and explorers mostly undertook their voyages at the behest of kings in search of wealth.’
- ‘He was, as it turned out, not far off the mark and so must have gathered information from early travellers and unsung explorers.’
- ‘For instance, I am an ardent mountaineer and I have also been a polar explorer and a frequent traveller to Greenland.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.