One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Prefacing involves an explicatory introduction to a reading of a work.’
- ‘Only from reading the explicatory reviews did I find out.’
- ‘Its images tend to generate multiple interpretations - and do so without an accompanying sense of explicatory adequacy or closure.’
- ‘Written in a clear, easy-to-follow style, the book is well researched, as is evident in the copious explicatory notes, at the end of the book, for each chapter.’
- ‘How does a museum ‘do’ imperial economics or the impact of English-style laws without drowning the visitor in documents and explicatory text?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.