One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is permitted to testify at a trial because of special knowledge or proficiency in a particular field that is relevant to the case.‘she was hired as an expert witness because she had assisted in more than 100 similar surgical procedures’
- ‘An FBI expert witness testified that there was enough plastic explosive hidden in his shoes to blow a large hole in the airplane.’
- ‘He frequently consults for museums and acts as an expert witness at trials.’
- ‘Once I worked on a case where we had retained an expert witness who was a retired cop to testify about security.’
- ‘He's also a forensic psychiatrist - one of those guys who testifies as an expert witness in court trials.’
- ‘For reasons already given, I do not regard the evidence of either expert witness to be of primary assistance on this point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.