One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is permitted to testify at a trial because of special knowledge or proficiency in a particular field that is relevant to the case.‘she was hired as an expert witness because she had assisted in more than 100 similar surgical procedures’
- ‘He frequently consults for museums and acts as an expert witness at trials.’
- ‘An FBI expert witness testified that there was enough plastic explosive hidden in his shoes to blow a large hole in the airplane.’
- ‘Once I worked on a case where we had retained an expert witness who was a retired cop to testify about security.’
- ‘For reasons already given, I do not regard the evidence of either expert witness to be of primary assistance on this point.’
- ‘He's also a forensic psychiatrist - one of those guys who testifies as an expert witness in court trials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.