One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of software programmed using artificial intelligence techniques. Such systems use databases of expert knowledge to offer advice or make decisions in such areas as medical diagnosis and trading on the stock exchange.
- ‘An inference engine is the component of an expert system that applies a knowledge base to current data to arrive at a conclusion.’
- ‘Artificial intelligence might cover technical advances in such areas as machine vision, robotics, expert systems, neural networks, the understanding of natural language and automatic language translation.’
- ‘Similarly, non-biological entities such as expert systems, computer viruses or artificial intelligence could conceivably be considered to be ‘alive’.’
- ‘Artificial intelligence and other expert systems offer only a faint hope that a solution to this glut is forthcoming.’
- ‘Unlike other artificial intelligence systems, like medical expert systems, COG was meant to test theories of human cognition and developmental psychology.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.