One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Brandt was to sign treaties with Poland, Czechoslovakia and the USSR that formally settled the issue of the millions of expellees.’
- ‘When the Federal Republic was established, 10 million people, a quarter of the total population, were refugees or expellees from the East.’
- ‘That figure exceeded the combined total from all previous years, and for the first time one of the expellees was a bishop.’
- ‘They incorporated almost all West Germans into a community of shared interests and responsibilities: war-damaged and undamaged; rich and poor; propertied and unpropertied; expellee and local.’
- ‘The trouble began with a proposal seeking the formation in Berlin of an international center for expellees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.