One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What previously would have been dismissed as ‘wild’ analysis became acceptable and expectable, given these new models of image, text, and culture.’
- ‘That kind of explanation on the part of the companies is expectable, but it's a cop-out.’
- ‘If utilitarians want their theory to allow more moral knowledge, they can make a different kind of move by turning from actual consequences to expected or expectable consequences.’
- ‘But that is in fact an almost expectable event around his age, when people must come to terms with their limitations and old dreams for themselves.’
- ‘People who know that rebuffs are expectable and that failure is remediable - that it results from lack of effort or situational factors and not personal inadequacy - are not debilitated by setbacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.