Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A place in a computer where an expansion card can be inserted.
- ‘If a nurse wants reference programs, he or she should purchase a handheld computer that has an expansion slot for memory.’
- ‘The main card body includes a coupling portion for coupling the expansion card to an expansion slot of the computer.’
- ‘The rocker power switch is mounted on an expansion slot, so you can easily turn it on and off with the simple flick of a switch on the rear of your computer.’
- ‘In addition to featuring a smaller form factor, the device has an expansion slot for portable memory and it includes a built-in camera.’
- ‘The company designed the card because PDAs typically contain a single expansion slot, and may not have WiFi built in.’
expansion slot/ikˈspanSHən ˌslät//ekˈspanSHən ˌslät/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.