Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A circuit board that can be inserted in a computer to give extra facilities or memory.
- ‘The terminals are used for electrically connecting the elongated expansion card with a printed circuit board on which the card connector is mounted.’
- ‘With almost everything I need integrated on the motherboard, the only expansion card I have in my PC is the graphics card.’
- ‘One thing I found really annoying is the fact that you need to slide the motherboard tray out in order to install an expansion card onto your motherboard.’
- ‘The expansion card is meant for both desktop and mobile computers, so users can buy one card and use it in both systems.’
- ‘If you have ever added an expansion card to your computer, you are almost half-way to building your own system.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.