One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A circuit board that can be inserted in a computer to give extra facilities or memory.
- ‘One thing I found really annoying is the fact that you need to slide the motherboard tray out in order to install an expansion card onto your motherboard.’
- ‘With almost everything I need integrated on the motherboard, the only expansion card I have in my PC is the graphics card.’
- ‘The terminals are used for electrically connecting the elongated expansion card with a printed circuit board on which the card connector is mounted.’
- ‘The expansion card is meant for both desktop and mobile computers, so users can buy one card and use it in both systems.’
- ‘If you have ever added an expansion card to your computer, you are almost half-way to building your own system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.