One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A planet which orbits a star outside the solar system.‘most of the 100 known exoplanets are comparable in mass to Jupiter’
- ‘The possible exoplanet is orbiting a star known as GQ Lup, thought to be similar to our own Sun, when it was younger.’
- ‘Many of these exoplanets are large planets that resemble the gas giants of our solar system: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.’
- ‘Nevertheless, this unique observing technique opens a new phase in the exploration of exoplanets, or extrasolar planets, say astronomers.’
- ‘When astronomers study all those exoplanets and the systems they inhabit, it is natural to look to our own solar system as a template for other planetary systems.’
- ‘Could it be an exoplanet in orbit around that young brown dwarf object at a projected distance of about 8,250 million km?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.