One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which removes successive nucleotides from the end of a polynucleotide molecule.
- ‘The rapid rise of the first fluorescence maximum puts a strict upper bound on the timescale of magnesium binding to the exonuclease.’
- ‘A given exonuclease hydrolyzes DNA at a fixed rate, but there exist a distribution of conformations and a distribution of hydrolysis rates.’
- ‘Phage gene 46 encodes one subunit of a putative exonuclease that is thought to be directly involved in recombination and recombinational repair.’
- ‘Orn was shown by in vitro analysis to be an exonuclease specific for RNA molecules shorter than five nucleotides in length.’
- ‘The binding mechanism of psoralens to a double-strand DNA has been well investigated by chemical and enzymatic methods using restriction enzymes and exonuclease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.