An enzyme that acts outside the cell that produces it.
- ‘It is pertinent to ask how the expression of these exoenzymes only at high cell density in wild-type cells may contribute to the success of Erwinia species as plant pathogens.’
- ‘In the Gram, positive bacteria lactamases are secreted to the outside membrane environment as exoenzymes.’
- ‘After the medium and bacteria were centrifuged for 10 min at 6000 g, the supernatant containing the exoenzymes was collected and stored at -20°C until use.’
- ‘The number of proteases, peptidases, and other exoenzymes produced by S. miilans clearly suggests that it derives resources from host tissues.’
- ‘In gram-positive bacteria, lactamases are secreted as exoenzymes and offer less protection to the pathogen.’