One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A process by which the contents of a cell vacuole are released to the exterior through fusion of the vacuole membrane with the cell membrane.
- ‘Membrane fusion is a key event in many essential cell processes, such as exocytosis, endocytosis, membrane recycling, protein sorting and transport, fertilization, and cell division.’
- ‘Planar-supported membranes provide an interesting and very useful new approach to study the complex molecular machinery of exocytosis and membrane fusion.’
- ‘In the studies cited, only the intensity of fluorescence was used to observe the metabolism, exocytosis and phagocytosis of cells.’
- ‘Urea and lysozyme secretion were dose dependent in all groups, suggesting that serous cell exocytosis was one source of urea after neural stimulation.’
- ‘Synaptic nerve terminals and neuroendocrine cells rely on continuous vesicle cycling to support sustained exocytosis and transmitter release.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.