Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of science that deals with the possibility and likely nature of life on other planets or in space.
- ‘Although she was an anthropologist, she'd had a minor in exobiology, which was good enough for the school administrator.’
- ‘In the first category, the grants have supported research in astrobiology, exobiology and extraterrestrial analog environments on Earth.’
- ‘Carl Sagan pioneered the study of exobiology - the study of possible alien life forms and biochemistry.’
- ‘Dubbed ExoMars, the mission will send a lander and a rover to the red planet to carry out exobiology and geophysical analysis of the Martian environment.’
- ‘I am by no means an expert on exobiology in general or Mars in particular, but it's clear that sorting this out is going to be both complicated and fascinating.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.