One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wound made by a bullet or other missile passing out of the body.
- ‘The jury heard that Mrs Thompson was shot twice, once in the back with an exit wound at her armpit which did not cause serious damage.’
- ‘The Navy Corpsman dressed my entry wound, but didn't know I had an exit wound, so I was bleeding-out fast.’
- ‘She ripped off some fabric from one of the petticoats she wore and gently pressed it on the exit wound.’
- ‘He turned her over, looking for an exit wound, but didn't see one.’
- ‘Bill grabbed at his back, and then looked down at the exit wound the bullet made passing through him.’
- ‘Brad knelt down beside Vincent, looking carefully at the shoulder nearest him, then looking at the back of that shoulder, where the exit wound was.’
- ‘She ran the cloth over my back, gentle around the exit wound on my shoulder.’
- ‘There's an exit wound through your shoulder blade and through your lower back.’
- ‘Had the corpsman found an exit wound he would have dressed the wound in the same way.’
- ‘The 7.62 mm bullet went right through the neck, leaving a huge exit wound in the front.’
- ‘Looking at the exit wound on his back, his only comment was, ‘Hmm.’’
- ‘A doctor came to examine my back, ‘Where's the exit wound?’’
- ‘Now roll over, and lets take a look at the exit wound.’
- ‘If misidentified as an exit wound, it may appear to be inconsistent with a self-inflicted wound.’
- ‘By the sound of his scream and the moment his body impacted the ground, the agent guessed that the exit wound was about the size of his fist.’
- ‘I think if you look at the autopsy report and all the other re-reviews, I think it's clear that the neck wound was an exit wound.’
- ‘As I started to turn him over to check the exit wound, he started yelling, ‘Stop, Pap, stop!’’
- ‘Peter is in the hospital as we speak, although I strongly doubt he made it, the bullet should have gone into his chest and caused a large exit wound.’
- ‘Devon responded, but gave a startled gasp as her hand accidentally found the exit wound on his shoulder blade.’
- ‘There's also a scar right here from an operation they did, and there's an entrance and entry wound here on the left side of my ankle, and an exit wound right here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.