One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Internet is more public even than a newspaper, since it is free and unbound by geography; it is the most exhibitionistic communication medium yet designed.’
- ‘The fact is, we encourage our musicians, especially women, to be exhibitionistic about their grief, to sell it to us, to reflect our own ideas of escalated sadness.’
- ‘The gangster's possessions are central to his being; he owns things in a gaudy, exhibitionistic way.’
- ‘They don't need to parade it on stage in quite such an exhibitionistic manner.’
- ‘Nevertheless, her performance was somewhat overshadowed by the increasingly exhibitionistic shape-throwing of Stephen McAllister, the in-house main-course chef.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.