One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A student who has been awarded an exhibition (scholarship).
- ‘Whilst he was a choral exhibitioner at Cambridge, he sang with the university opera group.’
- ‘He was an exhibitioner at Balliol College, Oxford, where he gained a first class honours degree in classics and coxed the Oxford boat in 1925.’
- ‘He studied at Glasgow University and as a Snell exhibitioner at Balliol College, Oxford.’
- ‘Mr Newell was educated at Shrewsbury College and Magdalen College, Oxford, where he was an exhibitioner and honorary Demy.’
- ‘He was an exhibitioner at Clare College, Cambridge.’
- ‘There he won numerous scholarships being Pitt Club exhibitioner, then Somerset exhibitioner, then foundation scholar, then London University scholar, and finally Whitworth engineering scholar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.