One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Where, in the case of certain exhaustible natural resources, conservation is a prime desideratum, the benefit principle could be implemented through a severance tax in lieu of at least part of the land value tax.’
- ‘The self-regenerating potential of skin is exhaustible, and after several sunburns premature aging of the skin occurs.’
- ‘In contrast to other sources of nitrogen, such as guano and South American sodium nitrate, which were exhaustible, there is an inexhaustible supply of nitrogen in the air.’
- ‘An archive is neither exhaustible, nor fully recoverable, nor positively finite, and archeology is the method of history that conceives its data in terms of the archive.’
- ‘Wind power is championed by green groups because it is a non-exhaustible source of energy that causes minimal pollution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.