One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘Such denominational reduction of communities stems from an exclusivist viewpoint - that there is no underlying unity between different layers of the social spectrum.’
- ‘Claims on exclusive entitlements based on religious belief multiply, and given the inseparability of the personal from the political, exclusivist claims mire civil discourse.’
- ‘Excluded by racist societies, denied equal opportunity, and denigrated by their own Westernized elites, they have developed an exclusivist mind-set.’
- ‘The handling of relief and rehabilitation matters by the various successive Governments reveal a sadistic apathy as if some weird exclusivist outlook has gripped the State functioning both in the state as well as in the centre.’
- ‘Fundamentalists are also exclusivists, i.e. they hold that only those who believe as they do will end up in heaven.’
- ‘On the one hand, it calls for exclusivists in the appropriate circumstances to ‘resolve significant epistemic peer conflict’, and this means that exclusivists should on occasion reexamine their own beliefs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.