One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Moore scrambles around the film like a big shaggy dog, jumping up and knocking things over, excitably putting together all sorts of possible connections.’
- ‘‘When we hire guys, they know [not to] bring any mental baggage in here,’ Koenig says pacing excitably across the dim studio, red wine in hand.’
- ‘The two managed a pretty good Mutt and Jeff routine between them: squat, professorially-maned Rosenbaum prodded and praised excitably while the lean, unflappable director shrugged off analysis and goofed for the crowd.’
- ‘Jay gave Cassidy an apologetic look and took the leash from Tiffany's hand, Gizmo jumped up excitably, knocking a pretty ivory vase off a spindly table with her tail, and it shattered to the floor.’
- ‘He waved back at the two men in the boat as they waved excitably at him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.