Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Intensely irritating; infuriating.‘they suffered a number of exasperating setbacks’
- ‘Instead of thinking he is insane, she thinks he is exasperating.’
- ‘For small-company executives, the "procedural roadblocks" that Hoppe describes are exasperating.’
- ‘The determination to never speak ill can be exasperating for a reporter.’
- ‘Personally, I find the meta conspiracy approach a bit exasperating.’
- ‘I find certain aspects of my other half to be exasperating.’
- ‘There have been sessions that have been exasperating for us all.’
- ‘Singh's affairs with his putter, in all its guises, have been exasperating.’
- ‘Together, they build up a vivid picture of cricket's most exasperating sons.’
- ‘John (who may or may not be from Cincinnati) is by turns mysterious and exasperating.’
- ‘Penelope purposefully marched into the throng of suitors, looking for the familiar and somewhat exasperating figure.’
- ‘Education, then, becomes an exasperating game of constant catchup.’
- ‘I've got to say, this is the most exasperating interview I've ever had.’
- ‘It was an exasperating experience of continually losing my place.’
- ‘The film is at its most exasperating in detailing the tragic story of Eduardo "El Chino" Hernandez.’
- ‘A boxer's exuberance can sometimes be exasperating.’
- ‘The most profound meditation only leads to an exasperating sense of impotence.’
- ‘Nancy could sometimes be the most exasperating of creatures.’
- ‘From the beginning, they had serious differences of opinions that caused exasperating conflict.’
- ‘He was competitive, outspoken, a loner often exasperating to those who did not see things his way.’
- ‘It is in fact an exasperating type of motion picture.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.