One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being accurate or correct; precision.‘it is impossible to calculate with mathematical exactness’
precision, exactitude, accuracy, accurateness, correctness, veracity, faithfulness, fidelity, closenessView synonyms
- ‘As the pictures show, tiling is a craft that requires precision and an exactness to ensure that it will remain intact and secure for many years to come.’
- ‘What's needed is some mental stretching to recognize the fact that usually what is called for is some degree of practical commercial acceptability rather than mathematical precision or laboratory exactness.’
- ‘After this feeling of awe at the terrible precision and exactness of the world, I began to experience another emotion: irrelevancy.’
- ‘Improvised circus sounds like a bit of a contradiction in terms, since circus by its very nature requires precision, planning and exactness.’
- ‘His English translator complimented him on his thorough inductive exactness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.