Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A unit of information equal to one quintillion (10¹⁸) bytes, or one billion gigabytes.
- ‘Second, a 5 exabyte store would roughly be eight thousand times too small to store " all words ever spoken by human beings ", at least in audio form.’
- ‘The internet currently handles one exabyte of data every hour.’
- ‘IBM, for example, states that there is one exabyte - [ 10.sup.18 ] bytes - of online data worldwide.’
- ‘To put this into context, one exabyte is the equivalent of one followed by 18 zeros of bytes.’
- ‘Total petabytes increased 58 per cent year-over-year to 505 petabytes or half an exabyte.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.