Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A man to whom someone was formerly married, from whom they are now divorced.
- ‘Now, her ex-husband has reportedly told investigators she did use performance-enhancing drugs.’
- ‘The fellow she describes is very much like my ex husband.’
- ‘For years she tried to shield the girls from her own feelings of anger towards her ex-husband.’
- ‘Top of my first list of ' ideal matches ' was my ex-husband!’
- ‘I have an American email friend whose ex-husband used to drive the half mile to church.’
- ‘She has a 5-year-old son with ex-husband Phil Bronstein.’
- ‘My ex-husband has been living with a woman for six years.’
- ‘At the train station, she bumps into her ex-husband Bruno, Viktor's father, by chance.’
- ‘Plus, your ex-husband must pay interest on the delinquent child support payments.’
- ‘The first random schmuck to get snuffed happened to be Claudette's ex-husband, out in a car with their daughter.’
- ‘So I was impressed the other day by what I heard about Camilla's ex-husband.’
- ‘Margaret Smith was an MSP and mother of two children with an ex-husband and a successful political career.’
- ‘Last month, Rachel announced her plans to sue her ex-husband Rod for the staggering sum of £ 35m.’
- ‘Just moments earlier, after hearing shots in the kibbutz, she had placed a call to her ex-husband, Avi.’
- ‘Diana made the tape and kept the letters as ammunition she could use against her ex-husband.’
- ‘Donna's ex-husband, Steve, has remarried to Julie.’
- ‘She had to balance her life-threatening situation with the pending child custody case with her ex-husband.’
- ‘One of our church member's ex-husband recently died.’
- ‘Further complicating matters is Faunia's ex-husband Farley, a psychotic Vietnam veteran.’
- ‘Now, obviously, people are aware that your ex-husband, Donald, is also a developer there.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.