One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the resistance is doing better now, partly because new media now give the traditionalists heavy aid, most notably in the devastating daily eviscerations of the deeply biased and increasingly shameful big-time press.’
- ‘To speak of the diminished importance of history and literature, the evisceration of literary material, and the disintegration of a national culture presumes a benchmark from which this decline has taken place.’
- ‘As a man struggling to reclaim my manhood from the evisceration I received at the hands of a fatherless upbringing, and a societal curriculum that drugs maleness to make it more feminine, I relate.’
- ‘With a kind of devilish glee he devises for himself ever more terrible punishments, tortures, eviscerations.’
- ‘There are swordfights (human and alien), eviscerations and even some surprising-but-welcome computer-generated effects, as the blood of the fallen coagulates into an enormous red monster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.