One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It comes from evil masterminds stroking their chin and smirking evilly.’
- ‘But it descended into your stomach through your nose and mouth and sat there evilly.’
- ‘That vote may have been evilly garnered by preying on people's baser tendencies, but again, a vote's a vote.’
- ‘Tomorrow I will wear high heels and stare evilly at any tourists who stray like slow demented sheep into my path, as I stomp my way in to work.’
- ‘An evilly disposed person might say that Attila the Hun had a similar lack of discretion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.