One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having wicked thoughts, ideas, or intentions.
malicious, spiteful, hostile, baleful, bitter, evil-intentioned, poisonous, venomous, evil, malign, malignant, rancorous, vicious, vindictive, revengeful, vengeful, perniciousView synonyms
- ‘She thinks the virus was created by "evil-minded scientists".’
- ‘Emmy chimes in with, ‘People aren't as evil-minded as they were when you were a soldier, Papa.’’
- ‘I formed the plain view about you that you were a malicious and evil-minded old woman, determined to make the lives of your neighbours an utter misery.’
- ‘On the 28th of February, 1880, J. C. Kesterson's warehouse and Dooley's hotel were consumed by fire, also supposed to have been the work of some evil-minded genius.’
- ‘If some evil-minded person secretly slips a portion of cannabis resin into the pocket of another without the other's knowledge, the other is not in law in possession of the cannabis.’
- ‘A patient named Clarice has become resigned to beatings by her evil-minded husband.’
- ‘Even the anonymous faculty members Blackie overhears chatting in the dining club are evil-minded snobs, plotting to sabotage younger colleagues tenure or send them off to Lesser Universities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.