One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having wicked thoughts, ideas, or intentions.
malicious, spiteful, hostile, baleful, bitter, evil-intentioned, poisonous, venomous, evil, malign, malignant, rancorous, vicious, vindictive, revengeful, vengeful, perniciousView synonyms
- ‘I formed the plain view about you that you were a malicious and evil-minded old woman, determined to make the lives of your neighbours an utter misery.’
- ‘Even the anonymous faculty members Blackie overhears chatting in the dining club are evil-minded snobs, plotting to sabotage younger colleagues tenure or send them off to Lesser Universities.’
- ‘Emmy chimes in with, ‘People aren't as evil-minded as they were when you were a soldier, Papa.’’
- ‘If some evil-minded person secretly slips a portion of cannabis resin into the pocket of another without the other's knowledge, the other is not in law in possession of the cannabis.’
- ‘She thinks the virus was created by "evil-minded scientists".’
- ‘A patient named Clarice has become resigned to beatings by her evil-minded husband.’
- ‘On the 28th of February, 1880, J. C. Kesterson's warehouse and Dooley's hotel were consumed by fire, also supposed to have been the work of some evil-minded genius.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.