Denoting disciplines of health care that proceed empirically with regard to the patient and reject more traditional protocols.
- ‘During the last decade, evidence-based practice has become a buzz phrase in health care.’
- ‘In an age of evidence-based healthcare and nursing, the basis for screening and intervention with respect to PND remains dubious.’
- ‘Both clinicians and patients can easily access evidence-based protocols using the Internet.’
- ‘When implemented in the practice setting, patient care is enhanced using evidence-based protocols.’
- ‘Do you see a role for European-style evidence-based medicine in the U.S. healthcare system?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.