One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each second in a series; each alternate.‘I train with weights every other day’‘the auctions are held every second week’
every other, every secondView synonyms
- ‘There is an accident every other week purely because of the narrow road and its nasty corners.’
- ‘At present I do ten press-ups every other day, and jog round the block twice a week.’
- ‘Maybe I will go for writing every other weekday instead of attempting the daily entry.’
- ‘I had a sad moment when I saw someone I know who is very poorly and having dialysis every other day.’
- ‘A bunch of us used to go watch Whitley Bay Warriors play ice hockey every other Sunday.’
- ‘Garden bins will be emptied every other week, on the same day as recycling boxes.’
- ‘She has a fulltime job this year, but she trains once a day and twice every other day.’
- ‘Bearded guys aside, we only have to shave our faces once a day or every other day and that pretty much takes care of it.’
- ‘It's like having my own brief personal horoscope appearing almost every other day for all to see.’
- ‘They are all for the odd shock, but not every other week, thank you very much.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.