One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each second in a series; each alternate.‘I train with weights every other day’‘the auctions are held every second week’
every other, every secondView synonyms
- ‘She has a fulltime job this year, but she trains once a day and twice every other day.’
- ‘A bunch of us used to go watch Whitley Bay Warriors play ice hockey every other Sunday.’
- ‘I had a sad moment when I saw someone I know who is very poorly and having dialysis every other day.’
- ‘Garden bins will be emptied every other week, on the same day as recycling boxes.’
- ‘Bearded guys aside, we only have to shave our faces once a day or every other day and that pretty much takes care of it.’
- ‘At present I do ten press-ups every other day, and jog round the block twice a week.’
- ‘It's like having my own brief personal horoscope appearing almost every other day for all to see.’
- ‘There is an accident every other week purely because of the narrow road and its nasty corners.’
- ‘They are all for the odd shock, but not every other week, thank you very much.’
- ‘Maybe I will go for writing every other weekday instead of attempting the daily entry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.