One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horse or rider that takes part in eventing.
- ‘His horse, the eventer Heartbreaker, or Hart, was half-brother to Minty, sharing the same champion sire as him.’
- ‘In the morning the eventers will show jump, and in the afternoon the individual champion in show jumping will be crowned.’
- ‘This type of training is extremely useful for both showjumpers and eventers as it improves flexibility and balance in horse and rider as well as developing important muscle groups.’
- ‘She is starting to look like the eventer I know she will be.’
- ‘The day combines the light-hearted good humour of well-known jockeys and eventers attempting to play polo - both on bicycles and horses - and the dramatic speed and skill of two top class polo matches.’
1970s: from event, in three-day event (see eventing).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.