One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant with yellow flowers that open in the evening.
- ‘Areas once graced by desert mariposa tulip, Rocky Mountain bee plant, prickly poppy and evening primrose were invaded by the hostile horehound.’
- ‘Not to be forgotten is borage oil extracted from the starflower very similar to the evening primrose.’
- ‘Some rivals of the purple lilac included the buttercup, goldenrod, Mayflower, wood lily, purple aster, apple blossom, and the evening primrose.’
- ‘My favourite night-bloomer is the evening primrose which seeds itself all over the garden, appearing as if by magic in dull corners which it brings to light with clumps of glorious bloom often as much as six feet high.’
- ‘For the study, researchers planted clusters of evening primrose at field sites, some of which were a monoculture of one genetic variation, others of which contained a number of genetic variations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.