One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hoofed mammal of an order which includes the ruminants, camels, pigs, and hippopotamuses. Mammals of this group have either two or four toes on each foot.Compare with odd-toed ungulate
- ‘Next, we collected information on the color, behavioral, and ecological characteristics of 200 species of even-toed ungulates and coded this in binary format.’
- ‘Traditional morphological taxonomy groups the even-toed ungulates within the order Artiodactyla.’
- ‘Though most biologists now agree that whales and hippos are first cousins, they continue to clash over how whales and hippos are related, and where they belong within the even-toed ungulates, the artiodactyls.’
- ‘It is in these layers that fossils of odd-toed ungulates, even-toed ungulates, and primates first appear.’
- ‘Notably, however, a recent and large-scale comparative analysis concluded that countershading may aid concealment in even-toed ungulates but that it is unlikely to do so in lagomorphs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.