One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A processed form of milk that has had some of the liquid removed by evaporation.
- ‘While fresh milk is the way to go, in an emergency situation it's good to have skim milk powder and canned evaporated milk on hand.’
- ‘For this dessert, we lightened a classic flan by using fat-free evaporated milk and a combination of whole eggs and egg whites.’
- ‘The venture will see both companies work together to build a production facility in Nigeria, which will supply evaporated milk and milk powder to the local Nigerian market.’
- ‘Another significant ingredient export is skim milk powder, used for evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and animal feed, in addition to other foods.’
- ‘The most popular food continues to be Mongolian tea, which is now made from an infusion of tea, evaporated milk, nutmeg and butter.’
- ‘Add evaporated milk, skim milk, spices and flavorings, and blend well.’
- ‘Now, while I admit to substituting evaporated milk for cream, I still contend that there was something amuck with the recipe. The paternal unit refused to go anywhere near it.’
- ‘When I substituted lower-fat dairy products, like half-and-half and evaporated milk, they caused the sauce to curdle.’
- ‘Only major difference I made was that I used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk - and adjusted the amounts of milk and sugar a bit, so that I would obtain the same level of sweetness.’
- ‘The aisle also contains items typically found in the baking aisle: pancake mix, syrup, coffee and teas, cocoa mix and evaporated milk.’
- ‘It was as if she'd always known, someday grandpa would require evaporated milk to save his live so she stockpiled it and this, this was the culmination of all her dreams.’
- ‘Ian woke Nick and they ate a light breakfast of canned peaches and fried corned beef washed down with a tin of reconstituted evaporated milk.’
- ‘The resulting thick liquid is then either given a high temperature treatment to sterilize it, making evaporated milk; or sweetened to preserve it, making condensed milk.’
- ‘Homemade formulas based on cow's milk, goat's milk, and/or evaporated milk are nutritionally inadequate.’
- ‘Do not use evaporated milk, which is the same thing but without sugar.’
- ‘Add the corn syrup and evaporated milk and bring to a boil.’
- ‘Combine the eggs and cream or evaporated milk with salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Stirring after each ingredient addition, add brown sugar, flour, salt, 2 cups of the pumpkin purée, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, evaporated milk and half and half.’
- ‘Add evaporated milk while whisking constantly and add spices and salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Another way to reduce the fat in pumpkin pie is to use 2% milk instead of the canned evaporated milk most recipes call for.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.