One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The making of a judgment about the amount, number, or value of something; assessment.‘the evaluation of each method’‘an initial evaluation of the program’
assessment, appraisal, judgement, gauging, rating, estimation, ranking, weighing up, summing up, consideration, assay, analysis, opinionView synonyms
- ‘The specialist will review past evaluations and provide an update regarding a child's current needs.’
- ‘It judiciously employs evidence from extensive research combined with fair evaluations.’
- ‘A companion paper to this study is a further evaluation of the entire examination.’
- ‘It all ends with oral examinations, evaluations, and a graduation ceremony.’
- ‘Such different evaluations raise the question of the extent to which philosophy is open to the amateur.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.