Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The making of a judgment about the amount, number, or value of something; assessment.‘the evaluation of each method’‘an initial evaluation of the program’
assessment, appraisal, judgement, gauging, rating, estimation, ranking, weighing up, summing up, consideration, assay, analysis, opinionsizing upView synonyms
- ‘It judiciously employs evidence from extensive research combined with fair evaluations.’
- ‘Such different evaluations raise the question of the extent to which philosophy is open to the amateur.’
- ‘The specialist will review past evaluations and provide an update regarding a child's current needs.’
- ‘A companion paper to this study is a further evaluation of the entire examination.’
- ‘It all ends with oral examinations, evaluations, and a graduation ceremony.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.