One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessive richness of nutrients in a lake or other body of water, frequently due to runoff from the land, which causes a dense growth of plant life and death of animal life from lack of oxygen.
- ‘At present, the most common and serious anthropogenic perturbation of lakes is eutrophication due to increased nutrient availability.’
- ‘Nutrient pollution or eutrophication is caused by the massive discharges of nitrates and phosphates into the environment.’
- ‘In our study area, eutrophication promotes excessive growth of filamentous green algae in shallow coastal areas during late spring and early summers.’
- ‘Phosphorus applied to fields as manure or commercial fertilizer can move into bodies of water during erosion and runoff events, and is largely responsible for the accelerated eutrophication of many bodies of water in Ohio.’
- ‘Algal blooms, toxin production and eutrophication (water pollution caused by excessive plant nutrients) occur as a result of this phosphorous.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.