Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The temperature at which a particular eutectic mixture freezes or melts.
- ‘The amount present may be less or more than the maximum that is soluble at the eutectic temperature.’
- ‘To minimize this, packaging manufacturers need to tightly control the initial alignment position based on a full understanding of the solder, including eutectic point and shrinkage versus temperature.’
- ‘It has a lower eutectic point than NaCl and can work at lower temperatures.’
- ‘Once the interface is brought up to the proper eutectic temperature, the heating mechanism must maintain that programmed temperature with minimal overshoot.’
- ‘Above the eutectic temperature, solutes in the liquid phase of ice are concentrated by a factor fc = 1 / V L, where V L is the fraction of liquid water in equilibrium with ice.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.