One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organism) able to tolerate a wide range of habitats or ecological conditions.Often contrasted with stenotopic
- ‘Such conservatism is usually seen in ecological generalists or eurytopic taxa.’
- ‘Also as seen in graptolites, many of the taxa that were common during the Hirnantian were eurytopic species, high-latitude immigrants, or endemic, relict faunas.’
- ‘Moreover, it is apparent that some taxa were eurytopic whereas others were stenotopic, similar recent ones.’
- ‘These subtropical and warm temperate taxa are presumably more eurytopic than their tropical counterparts, but do not exhibit range shifts in response to Neogene environmental change.’
- ‘Because of their geographic distribution, these genera should at least have been more eurythermal, if not more eurytopic, than the tropical corbulid taxa that did not suffer global extinction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.