One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The group of European Union nations whose national currency is the euro.
- ‘The eurozone is being hit hardest as the currency has weakened against the dollar, he says.’
- ‘Suggesting that Irish inflation may have a knock-on effect on the eurozone is fatuous and absurd.’
- ‘We believe an economic recovery in the eurozone may lag the US recovery by at least six months.’
- ‘The only upside of the economic slowdown is the chance that inflation will fall further across the eurozone.’
- ‘Most banks have produced guides for customers wishing to send money abroad within the eurozone.’
- ‘Sweden's continued exclusion from the eurozone is bound to come into sharp focus.’
- ‘The fact that we are in the eurozone reveals the bald economic facts to our continental visitors.’
- ‘The decision came amid worries about the economy in the 12-nation eurozone.’
- ‘However, 2002 is expected to bring better news for the eurozone as the economic factors begin to shift.’
- ‘The eurozone's largest economy is in recession and looks likely to chalk up its fourth year of sub-par growth.’
- ‘Despite having the highest inflation rate in the eurozone, we are not alone in experiencing a rise.’
- ‘Aggregate trends in the eurozone indicate that member state finances are deteriorating.’
- ‘The bank said the current rates would help ease the risks it foresaw in the economic recovery of the eurozone.’
- ‘The eurozone slowed dramatically, and output has barely picked up this year.’
- ‘The eurozone has grown more slowly than the US in three out of four years since the single currency's launch.’
- ‘It came amid signs of a slowdown in the tentative economic recovery in the 12-nation eurozone.’
- ‘Or else they will borrow the money in France, Germany or anywhere else in the eurozone.’
- ‘This is the wrong way round, since the US is growing much more quickly than the stagnant eurozone.’
- ‘Ireland continues to glow on the back of the eurozone's low interest rates and loose fiscal policy.’
- ‘Fuelled by the highest inflation rate in the eurozone, workers have been demanding higher wages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.