One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A financial market which deals with Eurocurrencies.
- ‘Securities offered in the Euromarket will likely fall within the professionals exemption, but there is also a specific exemption for ‘Euro-securities’ provided advertising is to professional or sophisticated investors.’
- ‘Standards can have a market-creating effect or, in other words, the lack of a standard between adjoining countries can make the Euromarket (i. e. trade between Member States) impossible, as is for instance the case with car telephones.’
- ‘The world's largest capital market, the London-based Euromarket, is now an essentially unregulated one.’
- ‘In the Euromarkets, the International Primary Market Association has agreed standard-form force majeure clauses.’
- ‘Still, the Euromarkets wandered around like a lost Frenchman.’
2The European Union regarded as a single commercial or financial market.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.