One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A US dollar deposit held in Europe or elsewhere outside the US.
- ‘In a notable development, the implied yield on 3-month December Eurodollars jumped 21.5 basis points to 4.07%.’
- ‘The implied yield on 3-month March Eurodollars was about unchanged at 2.975%.’
- ‘The implied yield on 3-month December Eurodollars declined one basis point to 3.955%.’
- ‘In the same way, US dollars deposited in banks in the UK become Eurodollars.’
- ‘Repurchase Agreements added $1.2 billion, as Eurodollars declined less than $1 billion.’
- ‘The implied yield on 3-month December Eurodollars rose 5.5 basis points to 4.145%, the highest level since April 9.’
- ‘The implied yield on December 2004 Eurodollars sank 27.5 basis points today to 2.35%.’
- ‘Repurchase Agreements declined $9.3 billion and Eurodollars were down $0.4 billion.’
- ‘The implied yield on December 3-month Eurodollars sank 11.5 basis points to 1.73%, the lowest since June 24.’
- ‘The implied yield on December 2004 Eurodollars added 8.5 basis points to 2.50%.’
- ‘The implied yield on December 2004 Eurodollars declined 2.25 basis points to 2.20%.’
- ‘Repurchase Agreements were down $0.9 billion and Eurodollars declined $3.1 billion.’
- ‘The exception was the TED spread that widened 14 basis points this week as Treasury bills rates declined much more than borrowing rates in the Eurodollar and other short-term funding instruments.’
- ‘The implied yield on 3-month December Eurodollars rose one basis point to 4.175%.’
- ‘The implied yield on March three-month Eurodollars declined three basis points to 1.48%.’
- ‘The implied yield on 3-month December Eurodollars rose 12 basis points to 4.08%, and December '06 Eurodollar yields gained 13.5 basis points to 4.275%.’
- ‘We have today the powerful money market fund complex, as well as instruments such as repurchase agreements and Eurodollars.’
- ‘The implied yield on December 2004 Eurodollars sank 35 basis points this week to 2.365%.’
- ‘Repurchase Agreements gained $11.8 billion (up $25.9 billion in three weeks), and Eurodollars were up $2.4 billion.’
- ‘For the week, 2-year Treasury yields jumped 14 basis points to 6.62%. Eurodollars were hammered today as well, with the implied yield on the December Eurodollar futures contract surging 15 basis points.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.