One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘She was a committed eugenist, and the name of her organization - the Society for Constructive Birth Control and Racial Progress - clearly stated her racialist position.’
- ‘Social reformers, doctors and eugenists documented the harm they believed wage-earning mothers inflicted on babies and children.’
- ‘The eugenists wanted to shift the birth control emphasis from less children for the poor to more children for the rich.’
- ‘To propagate this message, eugenists were instrumental in developing tests for ‘racial fitness’, primarily intelligence tests.’
- ‘In the US and elsewhere, however, other eugenists were extremely cautious about the question of birth control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.