One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘To propagate this message, eugenists were instrumental in developing tests for ‘racial fitness’, primarily intelligence tests.’
- ‘Social reformers, doctors and eugenists documented the harm they believed wage-earning mothers inflicted on babies and children.’
- ‘The eugenists wanted to shift the birth control emphasis from less children for the poor to more children for the rich.’
- ‘In the US and elsewhere, however, other eugenists were extremely cautious about the question of birth control.’
- ‘She was a committed eugenist, and the name of her organization - the Society for Constructive Birth Control and Racial Progress - clearly stated her racialist position.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.